When should you book a wedding photographer?
I recommend at least 6 months before the wedding.
Ideally, you should book 8 months to a year.
The earlier, the better!
I take on a limited number of weddings pr. year, so it’s first come first serve basis.
How do we go about reserving your services?
When you have decided on acquiring my services, a 50% deposit is required and a signed contract to secure the date.
The remaining balance is paid two weeks before the wedding date.
We’re having our wedding outside of Norway, do you do destinations wedding?
I am available to travel nationwide, but I’d gladly cover weddings outside of Norway as well.
There will be added cost to cover the travel expenses and that includes my assistant.
We always travel together because of logistics and safety reason.
Contact me for more information regarding this.
I will also go through this with you in a preliminary meeting.
What is included when we book you?
- My photography services and hours that is agreed upon (this include time used before, during and after the wedding).
- An assistent that will be carrying my things and assisting me and driving me around through the whole event.
- A preliminary meeting
- A second shooter is optional for an added cost.
- In certain packages, some physical products are included.
- Free private use (not comercial) of high resolution jpeg images.
What is the advantage of getting a second shooter?
- Greater variety
- Example; main photographer focuses on the one holding the speech, while second shooter can capture reactions
- The preparation of grooms can be covered well too
As a customer, what can we expect?
- A meeting (Skype if you’re based abroad) before the wedding. I will provide a lot of information, thoroughly go through a proposed contract and a perfect opportunity for us to know each other.
- Thorough preparation (ocular of venue) and plenty of information beforehand.
- Personal service and follow up all the way.
- Consultation on details and locations.
- Thorough culling of all your images.
- All images delivered will be edited to secure best quality.
- Online gallery.
- Possibility to order from quality products from the leading suppliers in the industry.
When can we meet and what should we prepare for the meeting?
I recommend a meeting when most of the details are finalized, but no later than 1 month before the wedding.
The important thing is that you are yourselves during the meeting.
If you have any details ready, please feel free to bring along and show me.
Do we have to feed you?
For weddings more than 6 hours, we require meal for myself and those accompanying me.
It doesn’t however mean that we will require the same meals as your guests.
Can I give you a shot list or send you a pinterest board?
I am open for these things, but keep in mind that as a creative profession, I work better without a list.
And also bear in mind that although I am open for suggestion, I prefer not to copy other photographers images down to every point.
When it comes to shot list, feel free to bring this too, but I can not guarantee that every shot requested will be taken.
Especially if the list is long and extensive.
I need full concentration on a wedding and so a list may be distracting.
Is the traveling cost included?
What is included is maximum 1,5 hour for each way.
Succeeding hours, will be charged NOK 500,- pr. hour.
We will travel a maximum of 3 hours with car each way.
Beyond this, expenses for accommodation and other traveling expenses may incur.
Please inquire with us for terms wherein the wedding is outside of Norway and/or you reside outside Norway.
What is your delivery time?
- A sneak peak 1 week after the wedding.
- Your selection 4-5 weeks after the wedding.
- The high resolution images 3-4 weeks after selecting.
- Contact us for delivery time for physical products.
What is your approach?
It’s a mix of editorial, documentary and formal portraiture.
When it comes to my editing style, I prefer timeless, but at the same time soft and romantic.
How can we get the best out of your services?
First of all, it is an advantage that you are familiar with our style and that it is in line with your taste and preference.
I also perform best when the couple trust me and open themselves to me.
Chemistry is important, therefore I also recommend an engagement session prior to the wedding.
What if something should happen on or right before our wedding day and you aren’t able to cover it?
If I am not able to cover your wedding because of an unforeseen event beyond my control (like natural calamity, accident, serious illness for me or my family other similar circumstances), I will refund you the amount you already have paid to me. If possible, I will try to contact colleagues, but can’t guarantee that someone are available in the same price level or the style of photography. Any price difference will be the customer’s sole responsibility (that is only for these valid reasons stated; no show on my part for no valid reason is considered breach of contract from my part).
Tips for the couple
- Avoid funky colored lighting before the dance section
- If you can set aside some time for a short session during sunset, that would be awesome. Of course it depends also on the weather conditions and time of the year.
- Light has a lot to say for the final result. Try to keep this in mind when selecting locations.
- Set aside at least 1,5 hour for the bridal portraits.
- I do not recommend more than two locations,and please keep in mind the traveling time in the timeline driving to and from these locations.
- Consider plan B in case of rain.
- If it’s cold and you wish to photographing outdoors, consider renting or buying a cape.
- Consider details as the hanger or umbrella to have a consistent look.
- Keep it as tidy as possible in the preparation room and open windows to let in more light.
- Have a kit for emergencies (bandaid, medicine, snacks, makeup for touch ups, waterproof mascara, hankerchief or tissue, etc.). You can assign this to your bridesmaid to take care of it.
- Be yourself. I am aware that most of my brides are not born models and I am here to guide you!